The difference between sealant, glass glue and structural glue and their different uses.
Introduction of glass glue
Glass glue is a material for bonding and sealing various glass with other substrates. There are two main categories: Silicone sealant and polyurethane rubber (PU). Silicone glue is divided into acid glue, neutral glue, structural glue and so on. Polyurethane glue is divided into adhesive and sealant.
Specific applications of glass glue
1. Suitable for weatherproof sealing of various curtain walls, especially recommended for weatherproof sealing of glass curtain wall, aluminum-plastic panel curtain wall, and stone dry hanging. 2. Seal the joints between metal, glass, aluminum, ceramic tile, plexiglass, and coated glass.
3. Seal the joints on the surface of concrete, cement, masonry, rock, marble, steel, wood, anodized aluminum and painted aluminum. In most cases, no primer is required.
4. It has excellent weather resistance such as ozone resistance and ultraviolet resistance, giving it a long service life.
Introduction of sealant
Sealant is a sealing material that deforms with the shape of the sealing surface, is not easy to flow, and has a certain degree of adhesion. It is usually based on dry or non-drying viscous materials such as asphalt, natural resins or synthetic resins, natural rubber or synthetic rubber. And so on. The sealant is distinguished by its performance. The single-finger function is sealing. Weather-resistant adhesive, silicone structural adhesive, and polyurethane adhesive all have sealing effects, but have other important functions, such as high bonding strength and good weather resistance.
Specific application of sealant
1. Classified according to use, it can be divided into construction sealants, automotive sealants, insulation sealants, packaging sealants, mining sealants and other types.
2. According to the performance classification after construction, it can be divided into two types: curing sealant and semi-curing sealant. Among them, curing sealant can be divided into rigid and flexible. Rigid sealant solidified after curing or solidification, rarely It has elasticity and cannot be bent. Usually the seams cannot be moved. The flexible sealant has elasticity and softness after vulcanization. Non-curing sealant is a soft coagulant sealant that keeps the tackiness tackifier from migrating to the surface after construction.
Introduction of structural glue
Structural rubber finger has high strength (compressive strength> 65MPa, steel-steel positive tensile bond strength> 30MPa, shear strength> 18MPa), can withstand large loads, and is resistant to aging, fatigue, corrosion and performance within expected life Stable, suitable for bonding adhesives to strong structural parts.
1. It is mainly used for structural or non-structural adhesive assembly between metal and glass of glass curtain wall.
2. It can connect glass directly to the surface of metal components to form a single assembly component, which meets the design requirements of curtain walls with full or semi-hidden frames.
3. Structural adhesive seal of insulating glass.
4, suitable for porous stone, laminated glass, insulating glass, mirror glass, coated glass, zinc, copper, iron materials, etc.